The information contained in this page is intended for UK healthcare professionals only.
TISSEEL is a fibrin sealant for use as an adjunct to haemostasis.
TISSEEL can be used as a supportive treatment where standard surgical techniques are insufficient1:
- for improvement of haemostasis
- as a tissue glue to promote adhesion/sealing, or as suture support: in gastrointestinal anastomoses or in neurosurgery where contact with cerebro-spinal fluid or dura mater may occur
- For mesh fixation in hernia repair, as an alternative or adjunct to sutures or staples.
As a leader in haemostasis, we are committed to providing innovative solutions for surgeons. TISSEEL is effective across surgical specialties2,3and is for adjunctive haemostasis across a wide range of surgical specialties to:
- Control bleeding in heparinised patients2
- Control bleeding in patients medicated with antiplatelet drugs 2
- Can be used on friable tissue 2
Do not use TISSEEL for treatment of severe or brisk arterial bleeding1
For safe and proper use of TISSEEL please refer to the appropriate Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC).